What defines a cash-paying patient?
Why should doctors be looking at increasing the flow of their cash-paying patients?
1. More time with patients
2. Saving time on administrative work associated with insurers
What are the benefits to patients by opting to pay in cash?
1. They get more face to face time with the doctor
Doctors spending more time with patients implies that patients get more face-to-face time which leads to increased overall satisfaction. So a cash-paying patient feels they are getting better value for money and that the quality of care has improved.
2. It enables them to be more cost-conscious
3. They can avail of discounted rates
1. Be Transparent About Prices
2. Make The Payment Process Easy
3. Devise An Installment Payment Plan
4. Offer Booking Of Appointments Online
5. Use Social Media Effectively
6. Search Engine Optimization
7. Focus On Educating Your Patient
8. Have A Blog
9. Get Your Patients To Talk About You Online
10. Educate Your Prospective Patients Via Content On Cash Payments
11. Employ PR Services
12. Create YouTube videos
13. Let Patients Know Of Your Billing Policy
14. Have A Long Term Subscription Model
15. Offer Discounts For Cash-Paying Patients
Cash paying patients are like consumers in any other sector. They economize for big purchases, want transparency in price and billing, and are willing to pay for services that they feel add value.